Kemi Adetiba Reveal Secrets Behind Her Success

Kemi Adetiba

Nigerian Cinematographer Kemi Adetiba, in a chat with CNN’s “African Voices” shared some inspiring tales about herself and work ethics, where she revealed the secrets behind her success, following the success of her first feature movie, The Wedding Party.
The music video director and cinematographer who started presenting on radio and television, before choosing a new craft described what success meant to her. She said,“the greatest thing you can do for yourself is every time you have the opportunity to handle someone’s project, knock it out the park, and that is whast I live by every day.”
Kemi Adetiba also talked about her career, her next moves and why the series “King Women” is so important to her. She said, “King Women will serve as a platform where women can tell their life stories and use the platform to help inspire others.” It is an interview series featuring women who are Leaders & Influencers in their respective industries, as they reflect back and share their journey from childhood, moments that shaped them, to their current standing.
Explaining why she originally moved behind the camera, Adetiba told CNN, “I was questioning my longevity in front of the camera… I’d also find it intriguing when I would go off for shoots with the cameramen… I said: ‘Instead of just wasting a couple of years, how about I learn a new craft while I’m doing that? What is the thing that I want to learn now? What is the thing that will take my career to the next level? – being a director.’’
On her future plans as she concluded the interview, she said “I honestly do believe that winning an Oscar is going to come very soon, I’ve given myself two to five years.”

No comments:

Post a Comment